Riviera Terms and Conditions
These conditions set out the terms of the Contract between the Removal and/or Storage Contractor and the
Customer and explain your rights and obligations and responsibilities and those of the Contractor.
1. Any reference in these conditions to "we" or "us" is a reference to the Contractor.
2. Any reference in these conditions to "you" is a reference to the Customer.
1. Quotations do not include customs duties or any other levies of fees payable to government or
other statutory bodies and all such duties of fees will be payable by you in addition to the
2. 2.b. Although we quote a fixed price we reserve the right to amend it or make additional
charges if any of the following have not been taken into account when preparing the quotation.
1. If due to the delay on your part the work is not carried out or completed within 3
months of the quotation date.
2. Our costs increase as a result of currency fluctuations or changes in taxation or freight
charges beyond our control..
3. We supply any additional services.
4. There are delays outside our reasonable control.
5. Access to the collection or delivery point is inadequate or the approach is unsuitable
for our vehicles.
6. Any parking or other fees or charges that we have to incur and pay in order to carry
out the services you require.
7. In all these circumstances you will be responsible for the extra charges.
Unless previously agreed in writing we will not:
1. Package loose boxes, wrap or pack furniture
2. Dismantle or assemble unit-furniture, fitments or fittings.
3. Disconnect or reconnect appliances, fittings or equipment.
4. Remove or lay fitted floor coverings.
5. Move night storage heaters unless they are dismantled.
6. Move or store any items excluded under Clause 4.
The following items are specifically excluded from the Contract and will not be removed :
1. Potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items.
2. Goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infection.
3. Any animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
4. Such goods will not be removed by us except without prior written agreement. If you submit
such goods without our knowledge and prior written agreement we will not be liable for any loss
or damage except when death or injury is caused by our negligence or that of our employees
and you will indemnify us against any charges, expenses, damages or penalties claimed
against us by third parties. In addition we shall be entitled to dispose any such goods which are
listed under paragraphs 4.b, 4.c or 4.d.
It is your sole responsibility to
0. Obtain at your expense all documents necessary for the removal to be completed.
1. Prepare adequately and stabilise all appliances prior to their removal. Other then by reason of
our negligence we will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or additional charges that
may arise from these matters.
2. Ensure all items are packed, wrapped, protected and covered by you. No insurance liability or
claim will be valid unless all items are sufficiently packed for transit.
3. Goods in-transit insurance will only be provided by prior written request.
Ownership of goods
By entering into this contract you confirm to us that:
1. The goods to be removed are your own property or
2. You have the authority of the owner of the property to make this contract in respect of the
goods to be removed or stored.
3. You will be responsible to pay for any claim for damages and/or costs against either of the
above if this proves to be untrue.
If you cancel this contract we may charge according to how much notice you provide prior to the agreed
o Between 2-7 days: 30% of the total removal charges.
o 24-48 hours: 75% of the total removal charges.
o Less then 24 hours: 100% of the total removal charges.
Damage to premises
We shall only be liable for damage to premises caused by our negligence. Any damages to premises
must be noted on the delivery receipt and confirmed in writing to us within FIVE DAYS unless you
request a reasonable extension which must be agreed in writing.
Time limit for claims
We will not be liable for any loss or damage to any goods unless any claim for loss or damage is notified
to us in writing within FIVE DAYS of either collection by you or delivery by us to their destination.
Our rights to withhold goods
We have a legal right to withhold goods until you have paid all our charges and other payments due
under this contract. These include any charges that we have paid out on your behalf. While we hold the
goods and wait for payment you will be liable to pay all storage charges and other costs incurred as a
result of withholding your goods and these terms and conditions will continue to apply.
We reserve the right to sub-contract some or all of the work for which we have provided a quotation
without reference to you.
If we do sub-contract these terms and conditions will still apply in full.
These Terms and Conditions together with our quotation are intended to form the whole agreement
between us and to prevail over any verbal discussions. Should we mutually agree to any variation of
these terms such variation should be confirmed in writing.
This contract is subject to the laws of England and Wales.